Friday, February 5, 2010

Happiness and Inspiration

Pain can sometimes be depressing. For that matter, so can life. Everyone has problems and situations in this world, no matter who the person is. I personally think speed bumps along the way make us grow and teach us lessons in life. Think about all the lessons you've learned from hard times. Have you learned as many from good times? However, it is the happy times that keep us going and give us inspiration. What do you do for inspiration? Do you often dwell on migraines and the pain they cause, or do you allow yourself to enjoy what life gives you? If chronic pain has caused you to crawl into a hole, first of all, it is time to begin to heal. Also, it's time to remember the joys in life again. I'm not talking about picking up hobbies again, although maybe that would be great! I'm talking about viewing conversations with people differently. When you enter a room with new faces, do you wonder if people are going to like you, or do you just assume they will because you are a likable person? Do you have faith that situations are going to work out for you, or do you believe that you just have the worst luck? When a negative thought enters your mind, push it out and replace it with a positive one. If a big presentation or meeting is coming up, have faith that it will go well, not the opposite. Whatever it takes for you to begin thinking this way, start it today. I personally get my inspiration by watching Joel Osteen every Sunday. His telecast puts me in a great mood that lasts all week long. I also make sure to spend plenty of quality time with friends and family. They are the people who really care.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi,

    Pain is indeed depressing, which is why I've started seeing a therapist. We're working to address this very issue and she suggested reading books such as "Feeling Good" and "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" (series) which I'm reading now.

    I also read Joel Osteen's book, "Your Best Life Now" and was inspired by it, as I am his sermons. Of course I disagree with some of what he says (bad things can happen to good people, but he gives the impression that if you're good, you'll be rich and happy), but overall I think his message is helpful when it comes to cheering you up and giving you hope.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard those are great books! I haven't read them myself. Anything that will help people see life more positively is a good thing. Thanks for the post Heather.

    ReplyDelete