Friday, July 8, 2011

Sausage & Tomato Cream Farfalle

I know it's been awhile since I posted anything. Here is an extra tasty recipe! If you can't eat tomatoes, you can use my "creamy noodles" sauce recipe and modify it by adding sausage along with more milk and/or chicken stock and more cream cheese. For either recipe, BE SURE TO USE THE CORRECT SAUSAGE.


1 Hormel all-natural sausage (or an equivalent minimally processed sausage with no MSG or preservatives)
2 small to medium size shallots, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
2 ounces cream cheese
1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes or two to three fresh tomatoes finely chopped
12 ounces tomato paste plus 12 ounces water
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
7-8 ounces farfalle pasta


Brown sausage and shallots together in skillet over medium high heat; drain. Pour chicken stock in skillet to loosen everything on the bottom of the pan. Add cream cheese and stir until completely melted. Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for approximately thirty minutes and add water/stir as needed to keep sauce at desired consistency. While sauce is simmering, cook pasta as directed on package.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this delicious recipe. I will definitely be checking out your cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recipe tonight, and it was delicious! The whole family (including 2 little ones who are picky eaters) loved it! I'm just now reading Dr. Buchholz's book and was feeling a little nervous about starting the diet, but if everything is this yummy, then I have nothing to worry about! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beth,

      I'm so glad you and your family liked it. When making recipes, one of my main tests is that they will make the approval of my husband, who is a very picky eater. :) He's been very helpful as a taste tester. Best wishes to you and thanks for posting!

      Delete